TO: Pasadena City College Faculty Association Members
FROM: Joe Simoneschi, Acting Senior Vice President / Assistant Superintendent
SUBJECT: BOARD OF TRUSTEES APPROVED SALARY INCREASES
On February 18, 2015, the Board of Trustees of the Pasadena Area Community College District approved salary increases for the Pasadena City College Faculty Association (PCCFA). The following chart provides the effective dates and percentage increases:
|Effective Date||Percentage Increase|
|July 1, 2012 – June 30, 2013 (Retroactive)||2%|
|July 1, 2013 – June 30, 2014 (Retroactive)||2.79%|
|July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015 (Current Fiscal Year)||3%|
|July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016||3%, Plus Additional 1% for Adjunct Faculty|
Currently, the Offices of Human Resources and Payroll are updating the pay schedule tables for the affected groups and anticipate finalizing our internal and external process with the Los Angeles County Office of Education (LACOE) over the course of the next few months. The following chart provides the dates that the retroactive payments (actual hard checks) will be in the Payroll Office for employee pick-up:
|Effective Date||Date of Hard Check Pick-Up|
|July 1, 2012 – June 30, 2013 (Retroactive)||March 23, 2015|
|July 1, 2013 – June 30, 2014 (Retroactive)||April 20, 2015|
|July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015 (To Date)||May 18, 2015* **|
*This hard check will cover the dates of July 1, 2014 through April 30, 2015. The remainder of the fiscal year payments (increases) will show on the actual checks received on normal pay dates.
**It should be noted that if the coordination efforts that the Offices of Human Resources and Payroll, and LACOE are able to expedite the processing of increases, the period of payment may change to an earlier date. We will communicate this as more information is received. In addition, the Payroll Office anticipates putting in the envelope of each hard check, a memo that explains the period of time the hard check covers.
Things you should be aware of:
- LACOE does not allow for Direct Deposit on non-standard increases so actual checks will be ready for pick-up no later than the dates outlined above under “Date of Hard Check Pick-Up.”
- If hard checks are not picked-up by the employee the hard check is made payable to by the end of the third (3) business day, the checks will be mailed to the employee at the address on file with the Office of Human Resources.
- Retroactive increases are subject to taxes and other statutory deductions (Social Security, Medicare, PERS, STRS, etc.).
- Taxes are calculated based on the Internal Revenue Services (IRS) aggregate method, which means taxes may be higher on the retroactive payments. Reconciliation of actual taxes owed occurs when year-end tax filings are made with the Federal and State government.
No later than June 1, 2015, all internal timekeeping systems (Kronos) and pay warrants (stubs) will reflect the new rates including the compounded 7.79%.
The Board of Trustees and Interim President would like to extend their appreciation for your dedication to our students and the District during this time, and look forward to a continued partnership.
If you have questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact me at
(626) 585-7529 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, Diane Mandrafina, Director of Fiscal Services, at (626) 585-7716 or via email at email@example.com, or
Margaret Ory, Supervisor of Payroll at (626) 585-7710 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT THE SUPPLEMENTAL EMPLOYEE RETIREMENT INCENTIVE PLAN (SERP):
All enrollment materials and a letter of resignation must be submitted by April 10, 2015 to participate in SERP.